- What do you write?
- How long have you been a member of Oldbury Writing Group?
- Why did you decide to join a writing group?
- How did you hear about the Oldbury Writing Group?
- Have you joined a writing group before? If yes, then which one?
- What do you enjoy about being a member of Oldbury Writing Group?
- How have you benefitted from being a member of Oldbury Writing Group?
- Has joining Oldbury Writing Group changed your writing life?
- Would you recommend Oldbury Writing Group to anyone, and why?
I write fiction, non-fiction, short stories, essays, and poetry.
I joined O.W.G. one month after they formed.
I wanted to find out if I could still write after not writing for many years. Also, I wanted to know if I was up to a writing group – the last one I was a member of was a bad experience. So, I needed to improve my self-confidence. O.W.G. and its members give me advice, friendliness, and assistance.
Janet, an RSPCA Blackheath shop manager, told me.
Yes, Sandwell Society of Artists and Writers of Oldbury. The group has now closed.
I enjoy sharing the love of the written word with writers – a love which only writers know. I enjoy being in friendly company with people I now call friends. It gets me out of the house which is something I look forward to. I also enjoy the activities, outings, guest speakers, and fundraising events.
I have more confidence – the other writing group destroyed it by pulling each member’s work apart. O.W.G. has shown me, with the assignments, I can write short stories, which I didn’t know I could.
Yes, O.W.G. members have encouraged me to try short story writing, instead of just essays which I loved to write at school.
I might now try historical writing – the Tudors, the Stuarts, and Victorians.
I am also thinking about rewriting the novel I wrote after I left school, or write a family history book.
Yes most definitely. I would recommend O.W.G. to other writers who need the support of other writers – especially when writing problems arise, or a rejection letter arrives.
O.W.G. members give writing advice, are friendly, and a source of inspiration.
Writing is my therapy, my love, my hope and aim, and O.W.G is all of these.